Saturday, August 2, 2008

A song that currently speaks to me: James Morrison - You give me something

People close to me know that I've been going through a number of things recently. A family relative that's very dear to my heart passed away, I came to the realization that I haven't been there as much as I should have for a family member that I love very much, I was recently involved in an auto accident (which I appear to have escaped unharmed), and an amazing woman that I was getting to know is no longer a part of my life.

A song that has come to mind concerning my relationship with the amazing woman is this James Morrison song. I don't feel heartbroken or sad where I want to ball my eyes out. But I feel that I've lost a chance w/ a woman which I had a feeling that I could have wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I really didn't know her that well, but there was an unexplained comfort, happiness that I had when communicating with her, and an admiration that I had for her that made her special to me in such a short period of time.

Most of the lyrics to this song do not apply to my situation because we were in the beginning stages of a relationship, but the chorus explains perfectly how I feel inside.

You give me something
That makes me scared alright
This could be nothing
But I'm willing to give it a try
Please give me something
Because someday I might call you from my heart

But it might be a second too late
And the words that I could never say
Are gonna come out anyway


No comments: