Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hip Hop Classic: Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, & Biz Markie - Erase Racism

Here's a hip hop classic from two of the great greatest rappers to ever live, Kool G Rap & Big Daddy Kane. Here's a song from Kool G Rap & DJ Polo's classic 1990 LP "Wanted Dead or Alive." "Erase Racism" featured a slick verse each from Big Daddy Kane & Kool G Rap ballenced out with a chorus from the Flavor Flav of the Juice Crew, Biz Markie.

Biz's sining doesn't take (much) away from G Rap & Kane's powerful verses.



Even though G Rap is one of my favorite rappers ever, I think that Kane stole the show on this track:

"You better believe that I'm an asiatic descendant
And I know what's been amended and intended

So let's fulfill and get real, and try to build

a united nation, eliminate segregation

I know there's different strokes for different folks

but I've also acknowledged what hatred provokes

So don't hate me or try to underrate me

Cause I collect ends drive a Benz and live greatly

And we can all live together in harmony

Without thinkin what color is harmin me

If I'm a slave I'm a slave to the rhythm

To E-R-A-S-E the racism"

No comments: